Skip to main content

Featured

India's Love Jihad Debate: Political Gambit or Genuine Concern?

In this heated poll season, India is once again caught in a battle royale between the Gods, another Love Jihad (LJ) which is raising temperatures. LJ, a convenient political tool and de rigueur wrapped in welfare schemes and development that helped bring BJP to power at the Centre twice over. Whereby, ishq-mohabat-shaadi cutting across caste and religious boundaries inter-meshed with forced conversions churned the political cauldron resulting in an unholy clash between the ‘holier than thou’! The latest Love Jihad outcry has its genesis in murder of a Karnataka college girl by her former classmate in Hubballi which has ignited a political firestorm in the State, with the girl’s family alleging the accused had been pressuring her to religiously convert and marry him. Naturally, the BJP termed it a case of ‘love jihad,’ hitting out at the Siddaramaiah-led Government, accusing it of playing politics of appeasement at the expense of law and order. With the ruling Congress staunchly denying

Darker shades of life

Quiet people have the loudest minds. After receiving an overwhelming response on my first poem- Window of mind. I have come back again with this new submission for not just an opinion. Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be? The poem digs down deep to the fact that how we are expected to achieve things in life and prove ourselves worthy of being out there. When actually we all are beautiful in our own creative ways but with the fear of not being accepted in a society we slowly and steadily kill ourselves from within to fit in a system which doesn't care about us or the environment we live in but just for itself. We can recall the famous quote of Albert Einstein-
"Everybody is a genius. But if you will judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it's stupid." 
  

My mind runs wild to the spaces unknown
taking all the contingencies home.
A million possibilities dwell on my mind
of what all that could have been mine.

I fear going deep within my soul.
Discovering things, which I could not own.
How every situation could have been better
I sink deep into realisation, with each silent tremor.

Overpowering feelings that breeds inside me.
Incapacitating them with a smile, I re-cite it.
My eyes have learnt to cry imperceptible tears
incarcerating every drama, distress and despair

A voice that struggles to come out in open
seamlessly, finds its way into the oblivion.
A sudden shudder wakes me up to the grim realities of life
As I clear the indelible haze off my eyes,
My soul goes through a wretched resistance.
I swallow a lump and get on with existence.

Contributed by- Rahul Vakil



Comments

Popular Posts